Monday, September 04, 2006

Forgiving

Forgiving. Or not. Forgetting, or not. When does forgiving stop being a virtue and start being a disease? When does it become addictive and destructive?
If someone slaps you, and you let them slap you on the other side, they might learn from it...from the fact that they had been mean to you and that you were good to them. But what if someone slaps you on one side and you let them slap you on the other one...so, they slap really hard it breaks your neck?
Forgivingness, and too much forgivingness...where do you draw the line?

5 comments:

MechanicalCrowds said...

Haven't you learned yet that there is no universal answer? :)

Sou said...

Well I do not know if you know this song that says Too much love will kill. I am not talking about love I am talking about too much of everything is not good at all. Middle point is just a great thing. Yes sometimes a moral line need to be taught like forgiveness is a virtue but it shouldn’t be a habit or else they wouldn’t have said “You fooled me once shame on you, You fooled me twice shame on me.”
Try to be moderate I know that this is really hard cause I am the queen of extremes but trust me. Think of everything when it comes your way with a clean slate.

Y. M. S. said...

Controvertial questions all over your blog:) I will go with mechanicalcrowds, he said well.

Y. M. S. said...

Controvertial questions all over your blog:) I will go with mechanicalcrowds, he said well.

qahereya said...

But hey, I didnt even think these answers were universal! I am not asking for a definite answer... I am just thinking aloud :]