Monday, December 04, 2006

Whatever the hell happened to cheesy romance stories.

What happened to cheesy romance stories in which people give so little importance to religion, political views, everything that keeps people apart? What happened to the romance stories in which two people are just obsessed with eachother, never talked about who's whose type, or what they could do better to fit the picture that the other person has of the parent of their children better? What happened to the cheesy night telephone calls and the weird small gifts that have absolutely no thought in them, the unoccasional flowers and love notes? Why did the term change from "waiting for the person" to "long-distance relationship" even though, supposedly, the world is now a global village? What happened to the love notes, or even emails that say abolutely stupid and silly things?

When will I believe that you can wake up to the same person every single day for more than 5 years and not get bored of them, as if they function as a part of your family?

3 comments:

Adham Khairy said...

lol, but I don't believe that anybody deserves to wake up every to the same person! Even if it did happen, I don't think that they'll be sharing the same feelings they had when the romance started.

It'll be absolutely marvelous if you just look at somebody and fall in love with him, but it just can't happen, its impossible! Love and marriage and any other relationship is a project, you have to put a lot of work into it, you have to nurture it and take care of it and most importantly it has to be built on a strong foundation of respect and tolerance, because we're all faulty somehow and for us to live with somebody else for the rest of our lives we have to tolerate their faults and for them to tolerate ours.

It seems that the reply is getting longer than the post itself! :) but its already too late and i'm up and my mind is clear and I have nothing else to do, besides, I had an honest conversation with myself about love and I ended up with the results I've laid out here...

One of the best things I've ever heard about love in movies is "stick with mr. right now and then you'll end up with mr. right". It is a totally practical advice, but if you still want to wait for the "love at first sight", then good luck to you!

you know what? I like what I said here so much I'm posting it on my own blog!

Y. M. S. said...

You ARE a traitor *looks at you mad* You went to shake your hips without me:(:(

sean said...

Unfortunately, concerns of religion and family and tradition are not a new thing. A read of the wonderful little love story called Ali and Nino by Kurban Said (a.k.a. Essad Bey and Lev Nussimbaum) shows that these concerns are longstanding.

Coming from someone who's an ardent defender of interconfessional and intercontinental love and miscegenation to boot, I wish it weren't so.