A New Decade
I just realized that in a couple of months, I would be entering a new decade of my life. So now I have no option but to stop and start asking what I had accomplished (just because the list would be ridiculously (did i spell that right) shorter and what I did not accomplish-list).
Once I think about the accomplishment and all this, I just want to scream (at myself), cut this crap! I don't really strike myself as the accomplishment type. My life goes on. I learn stuff, mostly the hard-way; and my life goes on.
There's no accomplishment, there's just much less days to live.
And there's still no meaning attached to so many things that others claim to have meaning.
And I'm still not half as wise as I thought I, five years ago, thought I would be when I'm this age.
And I still give a wrong answer to "how old are you?". I feel at least 7 years younger. It's absurd.
Age is a strange concept, adopted and nurtured by humanity itself.
I remind you, this is not the diary of me going insane.

No comments:
Post a Comment