Friday, November 17, 2006

The Fantacies

It's strange how some people's lives are all about a fantacy or a set of fantacies. I am not only talking about sexual ones, there are many other kinds. I met lots of these.

There's a man I know whose mind and thoughts circle around the forbidden fruit fantacy, sex with the mistress, away from all eyes. It's strange how nothing else will satisfy him, he will not try to enjoy anything else, either. It's as if his life is stopped till his fantacy comes true, and when it does, he continues looking for another one just like it, slightly different in the physicality maybe, but the same experience none the less.

There's a girl I know whose fantacy is to live like a monk, in the desert maybe, or the seaside. To runaway from all things that people are busy with in their every-day life. It's strange how she never wants it to come true, though. Perhaps the reason for her to want to keep it in a journal and not work for it is because it's so real in her mind that she wouldnt know how to live if she got there. Like the man, she refuses to enjoy anything not related to it, but unlike him, she doesnt want it to come true.

Now that I wrote this it makes me want to ask if I am putting my life on hold for a fantacy. And, are we all like that, except subconsciously?

2 comments:

MechanicalCrowds said...

fantasy or goal?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, of course I have no idea what I am talking about, but I would probably dfferentiate between fantasy and fetish.

A fetishist is in search of some form of substitute of the real person. Hence, he/she is never totally fulfilled.

A true fantasy - on the other hand - is what mostly scare us if ever realized.
Imagine the void we would discover if our fantasies came true. So, yeah, it is a good way to waste time and life. And occasionally it is the best way to waste time and life.