Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Recognition of Stereotypes.

One of the reasons why I never read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is because I think it's stereotyping. Two of the married couples I know, though, the man blames the woman for everything. And thinks that she has a hand in the problem, whatever the problem is. Here's a thought; do stereotypes about men and women come from an extent of truth? Do men and women act according to these rules that were made based on other men and women, or were the rules made on the behavior of Everyman and Everywoman?

1 comment:

Cleopatrina said...

every sterotype is based on some element of truth..but it could be one random incident stereotyped and inscripted for good.
Well John Gray is a psychologist so he is probably analysing the various encounters with different types of men and women..that is not void of stereotype either.so i agree..to stereotype or not to stereotype..thats one of the qs:)