Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum*

*Does "the" get capitalized?

"Am I part of the cure, or am I part of the disease?" Mneh, no philosophical shit today :D

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum is actually a name of a movie.

Seriously,
today i decided to look nice. I wait for my friend and his fiance to come pick me up from the street corner and four different cars stop thinking I'm a prostitute. Is this what I get for wearing a long black coat and dark colored lipstick?

My hair is still curly and short ya3ni, I dont look as nice, or too flake as a prostitute.

A friend of mine says they come in all shapes.

It's funny...
I dont know if I'll ever wear lipstick on my way out again.

Oh Cairo, how i love you! hehehehe

3 comments:

Forsoothsayer said...

that happens to me on a day to day basis...even when i look hideous, hae glasses on, a laptop or backback, or am wearing a business suit. it's all about that particular street and your unveiled status (although most prostitutes are veiled, a lot of people seem to think these days that a woman with revealed hair must be of ill repute too).

N said...

most prostitutes are veilled????? begad?

i dont think you capitalize the.

Anonymous said...

هاها يا حبيبتي انا مرة كنت هتشقط الساعة 7 الصبح و انا لابسة قميص أبويا و بنطلون و رايحة الجامعة و شايلة كتب و معمصة, فعلاّ مش بتفرق كتير , حطي الروج يا أختشي و عيشي حياتك
هيهيهي