Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Obsessions of Grown Ups

I don't think I'll ever consider myself a grown-up. Even when I'm a grown-up. I dont have the mind-set, the stability nor the responsibility of a grown-up, and I'm not working on gaining these, either.
A friend of mine thinks that he will enlighten people by talking about religion and making them realize that what they believe in is crap, using logic. I'm not sure if it's out of my laziness, or just out of my not caring enough, but I think it's a waste of good energy. Instead of talking to someone about religion for four hours, we can go do something else...something fun. Or just do something thoughtful, smoke on kobri asr el neel and take a walk in zamalek!!
People are obsessed with teaching other people, or showing that they know, or that their logic is better than others' logic.
We dont have much time here! We really dont. Today, I am one day closer to death :D Why should one waste their precious minutes on pointless things that will only cause dispute and shaking the worlds and the ground on which others' belief-system lies?
I wish I won't do that. I just wanna live life, goddamn it!
I have to focus on the living. The experiencing, the feeling. The communicating to things and people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"People are obsessed with teaching other people"

when smone starts one of those lectures i wish i can put my hands on my ears to stop hearing them and to make them feel unwanted. at other times i wish i would press mute or shoot them.

You dont have to "grow up", when ppl gorw up they usually turn into boring beings.


Happy New Year

Unknown said...

Ya, i feel like that sometimes... it's tiring to expose human ignorance, superstition, greed, fears, hatreds, and bigotry...
But i also think it's a cycle... Since those of us who have a life just want to live it... we don't have the time or the patience to challenge certain destructive religious views... Those who hold these views are usually not concerned with living THIS life. They are waiting to "live" in the afterlife. So they can talk about what "GOD" wants for hours and hours. Cause they think that's there DUTY. It's another double edge sword that organized religion bestowed upon humanity. Putting so much importance on the after life minimizes the importance of the role we play before we die. (Hence, u have all the extremists and mass suicidals.)