Sunday, December 23, 2007

A letter I will slip under my acting proferssor's door.

Dear Dr. ------

There are a few things I want to tell you and since I'm not a face-to-face type of person when it comes to people I don't really know, I decided I'd write you a letter. Also because it's more personal than an e-mail.

I came into your class eager to learn something (like I often am) and the truth is; I've only learned very few things; one of which is to never work with you because you are quite unfair. You don't appreciate good work, sincerity in it, or good intentions. Also, you are quite judgemental and you have very little self discipline and rare-to-no sensitivity with dealing with people.

I came into this class not because I wanted to be "tough enough" for the business but because i want to direct, and to do that, I need to know what acting is like. You expectations for me far exceeded my limits and abilities and left me feeling rather helpless and humiliated. One of the few things I learned from this class is that I do not enjoy acting, and never will because I don't like being tough, in fact, I think the wisest thing for one to do is to be fragile enough to learn from life and you don't appreciate that either.

I will never understand how you want your student to find themselves in the character and to feel for them when you seem to never sympathize with their emotions and/or take them by the hand.

I'm not tough enough to expect disappointment and for that I thank a certain fragility that I was able to save from your class. I'm greatly disappointed in you, but I'm not sorry that I learned many a negative lessons from your class.



Sincerely,
Blah Blah

No comments: