Thursday, March 13, 2008

I understand why it is a kind of freedom to have nothing at all. Not to have nothing to lose, but to have nothing that you'd mind losing! It's like travelling light.

I haven't been using my laptop as much lately and the distance between me and my laptop is making me do all sorts of other things that are just as important and sometimes even more interesting.

The reason why I used to blog more often than I do now is because there were more things I didn't understand. In writing there's a search for meaning and/or reason and/or theory! Right now, my life seems to be more boring maybe, or maybe I just take things more lightly and I lose my desire to share so very easily. Not to share with readers, to share with the blog, to utter, to express, to write.

A friend of mine told me I should try to publish my writing--the poetry or the prose in arabic or whatever.
I just don't think I am ready to be a persona just yet.
When I read other people's books the writer is a persona, a ghost that's always there lingering and it's especially funny or emotional when I know the author of that book or have heard about him a lot because the persona seems to be fed by reality, or a certain shade of reality.
So yah, I'm not ready for that.
One day, though, I will look for publishing options.

Maybe what I'm gonna do is print this blog and hand it to a publishing house and see their reactions-- whether they think it's worth anything at all.

1 comment:

Mohammad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.